from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A temple of Athene, at Athens, in which scholars and poets were accustomed to read their works and instruct students.
- n. A school founded at Rome by Hadrian.
- n. A literary or scientific association or club.
- n. A building or an apartment where a library, periodicals, and newspapers are kept for use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See Athenœum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a literary or scientific association for the promotion of learning
- n. a place where reading materials are available
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Angel Coming dream of night heather henson atheneum books for young readers new york london toronto sydney
Googling for medical texts in the digital atheneum is getting easier.
Open access to the digital medical atheneum - work in progress: from UBC Google Scholar Blog, by Dean Guistini:
Just why this remote atheneum was sconce for Mr. Holliday's candle I do not hazard.
-- description -- administrative wadsworth atheneum museum of art administrative assistant wadsworth atheneum museum of art is seeking an administrative ...