from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An excavator whose bucket is rigidly attached to a hinged pole on the boom and is drawn backward to the machine when in operation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of excavating equipment consisting of a digging bucket or scoop on the end of an articulated arm; drawn backwards to move earth.
- n. A multi-purpose tractor with a front-mounted loading bucket and a rear-mounted digging bucket.
- v. To excavate using such equipment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an excavator whose shovel bucket is attached to a hinged boom and is drawn backward to move earth
Gator Country owner Gary Saurage (right) directs Steven Parr (in backhoe) as they move a gift shop at the theme park.
One of the considerations in maintaining a backhoe is the tire condition.
Backhoe A backhoe is a piece of excavating equipment consisting of a digging bucket on the end of a two-part articulated arm.
A backhoe is a piece of equipment the helps move dirt, gravel, and any other material on your jobsite from one place to another.
And that's the reason that this vehicle has this gigantic kind of backhoe arm that is in the days ahead.
Equipment Operator position summary: operate miscellaneous heavy equipment, such as backhoe, bulldozer, excavator, track or rubber tire loader, etc., in remediation projects of ....
One was threatened to be brought "straight to their makeshift grave" or to the "backhoe" (referring to the backhoe used to dig the graves for the victims of the
There is a lot of (physical) work done there, such as backhoe operations and driving snowplows. "
The National Transportation Safety Board on Friday released a metallurgical analysis of approximately 55 feet of pipe that appeared to rule out several possible causes of the pipeline failure, including corrosion or external blunt force, such as from a backhoe, and to suggest the blame could involve substandard welds.
A former real estate agent out of work since May, the 43-year-old mother of five is learning to scale poles and operate a crane, a backhoe and other equipment used at electric and gas company construction sites.