from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A soldier who fights on foot; an infantry trooper.
- n. One who performs necessary but basic, often mundane tasks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soldier who fights on foot; an infantryman
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a soldier who serves on foot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A soldier who serves on foot; an infantryman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fights on foot with small arms
- n. an assistant subject to the authority or control of another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.