from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To complain in a surly manner; mutter discontentedly: "The governed will always find something to grumble about” ( Crane Brinton).
- intransitive v. To rumble or growl.
- transitive v. To express in a grumbling discontented manner: grumbled a rude response.
- n. A muttered complaint.
- n. A rumble; a growl.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A low thundering, rumbling or growling sound
- n. The sound made by a hungry stomach
- n. A complaint
- v. To make a low, growling or rumbling noise, like a hungry stomach or certain animals.
- v. To complain.
- v. To utter in a grumbling fashion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The noise of one that grumbles.
- n. A grumbling, discontented disposition.
- intransitive v. To murmur or mutter with discontent; to make ill-natured complaints in a low voice and a surly manner.
- intransitive v. To growl; to snarl in deep tones.
- intransitive v. To rumble; to make a low, harsh, and heavy sound; to mutter.
- transitive v. To express or utter with grumbling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make a low rumbling sound; mutter; growl.
- To complain in a low, surly voice; murmur with discontent.
- Synonyms To complain, repine, croak.
- To express or utter in a grumbling or complaining manner.
- n. The act of grumbling; a grumbling speech or remark.
- n. A surly person.
- n. plural A grumbling, discontented mood; a fit of the spleen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath
- n. a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone
- n. a loud low dull continuous noise
- v. make a low noise
- v. to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds
- v. show one's unhappiness or critical attitude
Strike "is purely coincidental" * grumble grumble edit function grumble*
Ai tellz again…NO DISSASEMBLE mai cheezurgerz….nao i has puts togevers…stoopy humin making me wastes cheezburger nommin tymes. grumble grumble*
I didn't get my nap in. * grumble grumble* Should go get some now. just you & me
HIMYM and House just barely make up for no Chuck * grumble grumble*.
Not that this really concerns most of you out there because you don't have CR accounts * grumble grumble*
My strikethroughs looked right in preview. * grumble grumble*
This past week I had 'make-up' conferences, for the ones canceled last week (* grumble grumble*).
September 22, 2008 at 8:51 am grumble grumble ….. stoopee bankz loaning munneez 2 peepz so dey kin buying howzez wen dey kant eben afford 2 buying gas…… grumble grumble …mebbee if deh oil kumpaneez didnt b getting awl ower munneez, peepz kud afford deh morgij paymintz…..grumble grumble …. mebbee deh oil kumpaneez shud bailing owt deh bankz……grumble grumble…… stoopee pawleetishunz letting fingz git so owtta kuntrol…. grumble grumble …poyntin finners at ee chudderz adn duin nuffin …. grumble grumble …..
* grumble grumble grumble* higher learning can kiss my newly brown sugar exfoliated ass. oh - on the upswing, I spotted a cute neighbor moving in today ...
* grumble grumble snobby fanboys overpriced grumble grumble*