from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device resembling a kite from which a harnessed rider hangs while gliding from a height.
- n. The rider of such a device.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An unpowered aircraft resembling a large kite from which a rider is suspended in a harness.
- n. The rider of such a craft.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rider of a hang glider
- n. a glider resembling a large kite; the rider hangs from it while descending from a height
hang + glider, a calque of German Hängegleiter, from hängen (“hang”) + gleiten (“glide”). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.