from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used to attract attention or to express surprise, appreciation, wonder, or pleasure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. An exclamation to get attention.
- interj. A protest or reprimand.
- interj. An expression of surprise.
- interj. An informal greeting, similar to hi (used in the US, Australia and Canada).
- interj. A request for repetition or explanation; an expression of confusion (see also eh, huh).
- interj. A meaningless beat marker or extra, filler syllable in musical lyrics.
- n. A choreographic figure in which the dancers weave between one another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. High.
- interj. An exclamation of joy, surprise, or encouragement.
- interj. A cry to set dogs on.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An exclamation expressing pleasure, surprise, etc.: also used as a call to attract attention and as an interrogative.
- An obsolete form of high.
- n. An obsolete form of hie.
- n. An obsolete or rare form of hay.
Ah ha, hey, hey� WHITEHEAD: In the 20-some years since then, Wadada Leo Smith has expanded his audience by reviving electric Miles Davis music with guitarist Henry Kaiser.
For perhaps, that will be sufficient to have these fatties change their eating life style along with keeping the issue in the light by using the phrase "hey fatso" like we use to in this country.
I think there is a little mistake in the title hey … didn't you guys / TC slam the flip phone in a product review awhile back!!
I remember I said I was gonna follow her before on Twitter (hey, is what I do, LOL!!) but do you know why I don't?
But the man finally looks up anyway, and you look back at him to say, hey is this your bag, because if it's not, whose bag is it?
And if the Jets and Ravens should both win ... hey, the AFC championship would be played in Giants Stadium.
Pavin ... hey, isn't that the wife of the U.S. captain?
And then just now it hit me again -- hey, I'm playing with Star Wars.
[A] cue to idiot punk asking: hey is that Batman in the corner?
With Batman and Robin - hey, I thought it was a really cool read.