from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A frankfurter, especially one served hot in a long soft roll. Also called red-hot.
- n. Slang One who performs showy, often dangerous stunts, as in skiing or surfing.
- interj. Informal Used to express delight or enthusiasm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. An expression of delight or enthusiasm
- interj. An expression of disappointment
- n. A food consisting of a frankfurter, or wiener, in a bread roll, usually served with ketchup, mustard, relish, etc.
- n. A sausage of the type used as a general ingredient in sense 1 (above).
- n. A show-off or daredevil, especially in such sports as surfing, skateboarding, or skiing.
- n. A battered, deep-fried sausage or saveloy on a stick.
- v. To perform a dangerous or difficult act or stunt as a display of skill or daring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
- n. someone who performs dangerous stunts to attract attention to himself
- n. a frankfurter served hot on a bun
1894 (US), both the sense of frankfurter in a roll, and of show-off. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.