from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A traditional Chinese measure of distance, today standardized at 500 meters (547 yards).
- abbr. link (measurement)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A traditional Chinese unit of distance, now standardized to 500 metres.
- n. A traditional Chinese unit of weight, equal to one-thousandth of a liang, or fifty milligrams.
- n. A meaningful ceremony or ritual; etiquette, behaviour.
- n. An ancient Chinese cauldron having three hollow legs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Chinese measure of distance, being a little more than one third of a mile.
- n. A Chinese copper coin; a cash. See Cash.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Chinese weight, equal to the one thousandth part of a liang or ounce.
- n. A Chinese mile, equal to rather more than one third of an English mile, 27⅘ li being equal to 10 miles.
- n. The chemical symbol of lithium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a soft silver-white univalent element of the alkali metal group; the lightest metal known; occurs in several minerals
- n. Chinese distance measure; approximately 0.5 kilometers
- adj. being one more than fifty
For example: _Kiu ajn li estas, ne parolu al li_, whoever he be, do not speak to him.
But he heard it very well: -- "_Bon-Dié, li conm vent ... li ka touché nou ... nou pa save ouè li_."
Below the two lines of the text there are two more lines: _li g�chi (giunchi) che rit�g� le paglucole (pagliucole) chelli (che li) anniegano_.] 700.
Below the two lines of the text there are two more lines: _li gùchi (giunchi) che ritégò le paglucole (pagliucole) chelli (che li) anniegano_.] 700.
L Ralph on Aug 1, 2008 the fact that kristin plays the role of chun li is enough reason for me to be excited!! im a smallville fan too. myka on Sep 7, 2008
One li is about a third of a mile, although sometimes in early Chinese texts it was descriptive. back
Hugo Chavez, Venezuela's narcissist-Leninist president, surprised precisely no one last week when he coyly gave his supporters "permission" to petition for a referendum to abolish presidential term li ...
Challenges still exist, of course, including cold temperature performance (mentioned here), as well as life span, robustness & abuse tolerance, the more sophisticated electronics needed to maintain li-ion cells, and the initial costs of the batteries and battery packs before production can be ramped up to a scale that will bring prices down.
Normally the Büüli is eaten with the St. Galler sausage.
He sometimes referred to this tradition with the phrase li-yi, “rituals and duties,” emphasizing two of its central aspects.