from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In no way; to no degree. Used to express negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition: I will not go. You may not have any.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Negates the meaning of the modified verb.
- adv. To no degree
- conj. And not.
- interj. Used to indicate that the previous phrase was meant sarcastically or ironically.
- n. Unary logical function NOT, true if input is false, or a gate implementing that negation function.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Wot not; know not; knows not.
- adj. Shorn; shaven.
- adv. A word used to express negation, prohibition, denial, or refusal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A word expressing negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition: as, I will not go; he shall not remain; will you answer? I will not.
- Shaven; shorn; close-cropped; smooth: as, a not head.
- To shave; shear; poll.
- A Middle English contraction of ne wot, know not. Also note.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. negation of a word or group of words
So I make it a point not to be there..not to be in that spot.
If I'm really evil, might I not stand back and *not* heal a party member so that I can loot a "friend's" backpack?
Of course this email references AR4 emails, which are clearly not deleted, since they make up the vast majority of the hacked dump, so were clearly *not* deleted...
My biggest fear is not that I will not be able to retire until I am 70 — it is that I will be foced to take retirement get laid-off at 55 and *not* be able to work until I turn 70.
I'm also not into the vampire thing at all..not one bit.
You stated above'' I do not sympathize with terrorists sounds like admission to me,,not denial!
Please note that the position of the Bush-Cheney cabal has been that anybody they detain is *not* a POW, but a, well, ... ah, ‘terrorist’, in a ..... well, not a war, except as they say itis.
I will say, given the almost painful descriptive attempts at the island that Congressman Johnson was making, that regardless of whether he is currently on medication or not he should *not* be actively participating in any context of duty if that is an example of his reasoning and interrogative abilities.
Note also that in their press release they name Amazon as their "valuable customer for a long time" not us the readers and that's a main sticking point, for Macmillan readers *are not* the customers, while for Amazon they are and that's another essential reason to support Amazon btw.
In his speech last night, not only did Edwards * not* congratulate O (which was seriously unprofessional), but he kept banging on the fact that he has "backbone" -- a not very subtle hint that the "lover" O doesn't have the inner fire/willingness to fight.