from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thin, pointed, projecting part: a pitchfork with four prongs.
- n. A branch; a fork: the two prongs of a river.
- transitive v. To pierce with or as if with a thin, pointed, projecting part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thin, pointed, projecting part.
- n. A branch; a fork.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sharp-pointed instrument.
- n. The tine of a fork, or of a similar instrument.
- n. A sharp projection, as of an antler.
- n. The fang of a tooth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To stab with or as with a fork.
- n. A pang.
- n. A sharp point or a pointed instrument; especially, one of several points which together make up a larger object: as, the prong of a fork; the prong of a deer's antler.
- n. A hay-fork.
- n. A fork or branch of a stream or inlet.
- n. A prawn (?).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pointed projection
My boyfriend thinks the prominent warning about the 4 hour prong is a marketing gimmick.
My boyfriend things the prominent warning about the 4 hour prong is a marketing gimmick.
Without a clear path to ground, which the 3rd prong is supposed to provide, your surge protector will not work.
If the horns are long and that prong is high on the horn it will carry the mass up with it.
The other prong is to create economic growth in the cradles of IF: Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan.
The second prong is to add web features, like video search, instant messaging, and Internet calling — or VOIP — that will theoretically differentiate his sites (though the competition is developing the same stuff).
Our third prong is a very interesting one, one that I really support, and that is, you're perceived as having a disability and you don't have one.
Today I’ll give a brief explanation of what the third prong is for, and I’ll discuss a few ways to correct a mis-wired three prong outlet.
My dad always told me that the height of the prong was a good indicator.
The issue with getting out of the Banking business has more to do with the second prong, which is the strategic value.