from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To scrape or grope about frenetically with the hands.
- intransitive v. To struggle by or as if by scraping or groping.
- intransitive v. To climb with scrambling, disorderly haste; clamber.
- intransitive v. To make hasty, disordered markings; scribble.
- transitive v. To make or obtain by scraping together hastily.
- transitive v. To scribble on or over.
- n. The act or an instance of scrabbling.
- n. A scribble; a doodle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To scrape or scratch powerfully with hands or claws.
- v. To move something about by making rapid movements back and forth with the hands or paws.
- v. To scribble.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To scrape, paw, or scratch with the hands; to proceed by clawing with the hands and feet; to scramble.
- intransitive v. To make irregular, crooked, or unmeaning marks; to scribble; to scrawl.
- transitive v. To mark with irregular lines or letters; to scribble.
- n. The act of scrabbling; a moving upon the hands and knees; a scramble; also, a scribble.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To scrape, scratch, or paw with the hands; move along on the hands and knees; crawl; scramble: as, to scrabble up a cliff or a tree.
- To scramble or struggle to catch something.
- To make irregular, crooked, or unmeaning marks; scrawl; scribble.
- To scrape or gather hastily: with up, together, or the like.
- n. A moving on the hands and knees; a scramble.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an aimless drawing
- n. a board game in which words are formed from letters in patterns similar to a crossword puzzle; each letter has a value and those values are used to score the game
- v. feel searchingly
- v. write down quickly without much attention to detail
But have you ever been able to share your love for a fellow word nerd in scrabble talk?
No wait it's scrabble rules i've won the states with the most states that have more value in scrabble rules 'Idiots.
A game of scrabble is underway, and there is much laughter and good feeling here in the relative quiet and isolation of the Jakes salt-water pool area.
Scrabble for the iPad features all the joy and wonder of the classic word scrabble game, with the ability to play alone or with friends via Facebook or the new Party Play mode.
In fact, the scrabble is the sound of parents who trusted the system's '' we give your child all the education it needs '', then realised too late half the kids in the class had been on seven hours 'coaching a week since kindy.
It might also have to do with having been the underdog for so long so that women kind of scrabble in these different jobs.
Sit around a lot playing computer games such as scrabble or casino games while thinking about what constructive things you should be doing.
A madman would be more likely to hammer than to "scrabble" on the great double-leaved gate.
They did the impossible again, when they assembled a rag-tag scrabble of an army under an inexperienced commanding general and proceeded to defeat the world’s greatest military power of the time in a long and arduous struggle against guns, weather, poverty and demoralization, for the prize of freedom and the opportunity to start anew.
He says that he doesn't even know if he can spell 'scrabble'.