from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Generous or large in area or extent; roomy.
- adj. Vast in range or scope: a spacious view.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having much space; roomy
- adj. Large in expanse
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Extending far and wide; vast in extent.
- adj. Inclosing an extended space; having large or ample room; not contracted or narrow; capacious; roomy
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclosing an extended space; of great extent; wide-extended.
- Having large or ample room; not contracted or narrow; roomy.
- Extensive; on a large scale; abounding: said of persons.
- Synonyms Wide, capacious, ample, broad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of buildings and rooms) having ample space
- adj. very large in expanse or scope
Sorry, no etymologies found.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yeah, that's what I call a spacious interior.
The slightly smaller bedroom is similar: it also accommodates a double bed, a desk and a built-in spacious shelving system.
Senior Hamas leader Nizar Rayan, killed on Jan. 1, was a poorly paid academic, yet he died with his four wives and 10 of his children in spacious quarters.
The apartment was spacious, in other words, and elegantly decorated, but it wasn't clear anyone actually lived there.
They saw it as a cheap holiday: getting free accommodation in spacious flats fully equipped with books, games, radio and telephone, and spending your leisure time playing table tennis, badminton, or golf.
Before the season, I would have preferred Harang, but pitching in spacious Dodger Stadium is one more reason to choose Billingsley.
Over the course of an afternoon, the group will sit on some leather furniture in spacious offices with politicians who are generous with their time.
Caged separately in spacious pens, these exuberantly plumed and healthy birds didn't look like any roosters I had ever seen, but I took Roberto's word for what they were.
On either side of us huge mansions stood in spacious grounds.
Despite playing his home games in spacious Petco Park, Piazza managed to hit 22 home runs (10 home, 12 away) a year ago — his highest total since 2002.