straining beam love

Help support Wordnik by adopting your favorite word!


from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A horizontal tie beam connecting two queen posts in a roof truss. Also called straining piece.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A horizontal truss joining the queen posts in rafters.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.