from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. With that, this, or it.
- adv. In addition to that.
- adv. Archaic Immediately thereafter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. With this, that or those.
- adv. In addition to that; besides, moreover.
- adv. Thereupon, forthwith; with that being said or done.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With that or this.
- adv. In addition; besides; moreover.
- adv. At the same time; forthwith.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With that.
- Upon that; thereupon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with that or this or it
I often wonder, "he added, sitting down at the table with a laugh," whether the mass of educated men know less of what concerns the welfare of their souls, and all therewith connected, or the mass of educated women of what concerns their bodies, and all _therewith_ connected.
Now she had taken away all their clothes; so every one of them sent to his people for fresh clothes and put them on and went out, covering himself therewith from the sight of the folk.
And when morning morrowed he donned clothes after the fashion of men of learning and doctors of the law and, taking the jewel-case went in therewith to the King of the city, before whom he kissed the ground and said to him,
Chauvelin had the honor of connecting his name therewith before disappearing forever in his retreat at Grosbois, to expend his life in vain regrets for lost power, and in vain attempts to recover it.
- indeed, in this special case, particularly as regards the production of cheap hydrogen gas and as regards the contact substances, since those discovered by Haber were not suitable for practical operation - but since the work in connection therewith is not the object of this Prize, it is superfluous to deal with this aspect in greater detail.
Christ, being called therewith to the declaration of it, but his own mind will engage him to invite lost sinners unto a participation of him?
Cuchulain's hands and he smote his head from his neck on the ford and left it therewith, that is, he left the head with the trunk.
Aquarius and Scorpio, the astrologers, objecting to the signification of the latter, substituted the constellation in conjunction therewith, which is known as Aquila (Ak-we-la) or Flying Eagle.
From thence therefore he went vp into a throne or royall seate, and calling therewith the common people about him, he told them a long tale what aduentures had chanced to him in his conquest of the Ocean.
And yet, even if it were instituted merely in order that Christ might be baptized therewith, it was still necessary for others to receive this baptism, in order to avoid the objection mentioned above.