from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large open automobile for five or more people, popular in the 1920s.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large open car seating four with folding top. An automobile designed for touring; specifically, a roomy car, not a limousine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- An automobile designed for touring; specif., a roomy car, not a limousine, for five or more passengers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A form of motor-car, designed for four, five, or six passengers in addition to the driver.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large open car seating four with folding top
Sorry, no etymologies found.
She left with the others, merely inclining her head as she passed Ammon's father taking his place, and entered the big touring car for which Henderson had telephoned.