from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In pathology, goat-eye; a tumor, abscess, or other affection of the inner angle (canthus) of the eye; sometimes, a fistula lacrymalis or other affection of the lacrymal duct. In a mild form, it is simply a swelling of the lacrymal papilla, and is very common.
- noun In botany, a genus of grasses allied to Triticum, or wheat-grass, growing wild in the south of Europe and parts of Asia. It is believed by many botanists to be the origin of cultivated wheat.
- noun A species of oak, Quercus Ægilops; the valonia-oak of the Levant.
- noun A genus of lamellibranchs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Med.) An ulcer or fistula in the inner corner of the eye.
- noun The great wild-oat grass or other cornfield weed.
- noun A genus of plants, called also
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.