from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Contraction of had: He'd already left.
- Contraction of would: I'd rather walk than drive.
- Contraction of did: Who'd you ask?
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. had (marking the pluperfect tense)
- v. Had, possessed.
- v. would
- v. Did.
- suffix traditional English past tense indicator, largely replaced by -ed.
- suffix Used to form the past tense of some verbs that are in the form of numerals, letters, and abbreviations, especially in online communication. Compare ’s.
Sorry, no etymologies found.