from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix State; condition: stardom.
- suffix Domain; position; rank: dukedom.
- suffix Those that collectively have a specified position, office, or character: officialdom.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix Forming nouns denoting the condition or state of the suffixed word.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Jurisdiction or property and jurisdiction, dominion, as in kingdom earldom.
- State, condition, or quality of being, as in wisdom, freedom.
Do we want Internet Freedom to become Internet “Fee”-dom?
Visually sumptuous, the film overwhelms with sweeping shots of the now bleak, desolate, "Potter"-dom.