from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix Condition; state; quality: manhood.
- suffix An instance of a specified state or quality: falsehood.
- suffix A group sharing a specified state or quality: sisterhood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix A condition or state of being the thing or being in the role denoted by the word it is suffixed to, usually a noun.
- suffix A group sharing a specified condition or state.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A termination denoting state, condition, quality, character, totality, as in manhood, childhood, knighthood, brotherhood. Sometimes it is written, chiefly in obsolete words, in the form -head.
The only other new CBS comedy, being paired with The Big Bang Theory on Thursday, is yet another self-conscious look at "real man"-hood a theme prevalent in several new ABC sitcoms this fall.