from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix Characterized by a specified quality, condition, or action: bothersome.
- suffix A group of a specified number of members: threesome.
- suffix Body: centrosome.
- suffix Chromosome: monosome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix characterized by some specific condition or quality
- suffix Used to form a word indicating a group with a certain small number of members
- suffix A body
- suffix A chromosome
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A combining form or suffix from Gr. sw^ma (gen. sw`matos) the body
- An adjective suffix having primarily the sense of like or same, and indicating a considerable degree of the thing or quality denoted in the first part of the compound; as in mettlesome, full of mettle or spirit; gladsome, full of gladness; winsome, blithesome, etc.
If they cut the number of international students by 25%, it will be much more serious than that -some universities may close their doors, or at least close entire deprtments.
With prizes like that a lot of folks took their chances---some could sing and some clearly couldn't.
Call me old fashioned, but judges typically do not let 2-year-old twins return to a house where the dad is having a 2 ½ -some.
There are real stories -some of which Hollywood turned into movies- where a bully in a small town beat and abused people for years, and he had gotten away with a slap in the wrist from the local authorities.
As Wedes walked from the stage Saturday hundreds of people gave him a standing ovation -some with tears in their eyes.
It is a reminder that many if not all of the issues that Dr. King wanted to address are still with us---some greater in scope than he could have imagined--and a call to keep carrying forward his vision for equity and social justice in our land.
In a recent survey, the Science nd Technology Facilities Council STFC found that although most students choose to do a PhD because of their interest in a subject, the careers open to them afterwards can contribute to the UK's knowledge economy in many ways -some of them quite unexpected.
But now - just hours before the first government shutdown in 15 years -some of the most vocal conservatives are urging Republicans to reach a deal before a shutdown occurs.
Hundreds of cars -some exotic and rare- are on display at the Seattle Auto Show through Sunday, November 6th.
-some relatively insignificant event will occur that will cause investor sentiment to slowly begin to change, and BofA's valuation will at last start to edge higher.