from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix Variant of -eth1.
- suffix Act; process: spilth.
- suffix State; quality: dearth.
- suffix Used to form ordinal numbers: millionth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix Forming nouns from verbs of action.
- suffix Forming nouns from adjectives.
- suffix Used to form the ordinal numeral when the final term of the spelled number is not "first", "second", or "third".
- suffix a variant of -eth, used to form the archaic third-person singular of verbs
Not so long ago, it was free to attend the best public system of higher education in the world---th e University of California system.