from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northeast Scotland on the North Sea at the mouth of the Dee River. It is known as "the Granite City” because stone from local quarries is used in many of its buildings. Population: 177,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A port city in Scotland, on the North Sea.
- proper n. A county in northeastern Scotland.
- proper n. A city in northeastern South Dakota.
- proper n. A city in eastern Maryland, home of the Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
- n. Alternative form of Aberdeen Terrier..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ornithology, a name of the knot (which see), Tringa canutus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in northeastern South Dakota
- n. a town in western Washington
- n. a city in northeastern Scotland on the North Sea
- n. a town in northeastern Maryland
ABERDEEN - With Hitchcock-Tulare located less than an hour from state tournament host Aberdeen, a blue-and-red horde invaded the Barnett Center for the Patriots 'first-round game with Menno in the South Dakota State Class B Boys' Basketball Tournament.
ABERDEEN, Ohio -- An Aberdeen man was killed Sunday when his single engine airplane crashed into a wooded area on Ohio 763 in Brown County.
ABERDEEN - Zac Williams and Sam Barbee combined for five hits, and Garett McCoy slammed a solo home run as Coldstone Creamery topped Aberdeen 8-3 to salvage a split of their Senior Babe Ruth baseball doubleheader on Saturday.
A friend of mine told me she was going to a concert in aberdeen and I had to ask whether it was Aberdeen, MD or Aberdeen Scotland.
ABERDEEN (AP) - The Northern Beef Packers processing plant under construction near Aberdeen is attractive to area feedlot businesses because it would save them the cost of hauling their cattle to distant markets for slaughter.
ABERDEEN (AP) - An Aberdeen travel agent says Aberdeen Regional Airport apparently will lose one of its four daily flights in mid-August.
The Jumbo floating restaurant in Aberdeen harbour, where Chow has his final cook-off, also pops up in cop thriller Infernal Affairs 2, while the harbour itself is one of the few places from Enter the Dragon that's still easy to track down today.
She grew up in Aberdeen, Ohio, but spent as much time in Maysville.
The town council in Aberdeen in 1731 felt it necessary to ban Andrew Ferguson, a piper, from playing at night, as this had the effect of raising "mobs and tumults in the streets".
US singer and songwriter who was born in Aberdeen, Washington and is best known as the troubled front man for the grunge group, Nirvana in the 1990s.