from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A member of any of several Christian denominations that believe Jesus's Second Coming and the end of the world are near.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who believes in the second coming of Christ to establish a personal reign upon the earth; a millenarian; a Second-adventist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One of a religious body, embracing several branches, who look for the proximate personal coming of Christ; -- called also
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who believes in the Second
Advent(usually known as the Second coming) of Jesus; a millenarian.
- noun A member of the
Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- adjective Relating to believers in the Second Advent of Jesus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a member of Christian denomination that expects the imminent advent of Christ
Sorry, no etymologies found.
On May 18, Lou Russell suffered a massive heart attack that put him in Adventist Hospital, where he recovered somewhat and stayed until June 20.
Woman who drowned trying to save dog identified as Adventist organic farm staffer
The "Adventist" community, then, is one that believe in and practice "an open, hopeful expectation of the consummation of the coming of God."
I pray that this church, my family, grow further toward becoming a truly "Adventist" community
Adell Sherbert was a Seventh-Day Adventist who worked in the textile mills in South Carolina.
A third group liked to rib me for being a Seventh-day Adventist, a denomination just too far out there for some of the local Congregationalists.
Which is why I am excited that a group of Seventh-day Adventist filmmakers and activists has come together to create an It Gets Better video for Adventists and as part of the larger It Gets Better campaign.
Though it doesn't presume to speak for all Adventists or the official church, it does represent a trend toward the love and compassion of Jesus being more fully displayed in Adventist congregations.
Dear Lord, It's Jerry AgainThe Beeves are members of the Seventh-Day Adventist denomination, which has a history of medical missions.
A member of the 7th Day Adventist Church, Carl took a year off from studying auto mechanics and welding in college to volunteer through a church program in South Africa, working on school construction and maintenance.