from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Albert, Prince 1819-1861. German-born consort (1840-1861) of Victoria who strongly influenced the queen and was a patron of the arts, sciences, and industry.
- Lake also Albert Ny·an·za (nī-ănˈzə, nyänˈ-) Formerly also Mo·bu·to Lake (mō-bo͞oˈtō)Albert A shallow lake of east-central Africa in the Great Rift Valley on the border between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. It was discovered in 1864 by Sir Samuel Baker and named for Prince Albert, Queen Victoria's consort.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A short watch-chain made with a cross-bar designed to be passed through a buttonhole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. prince consort of Queen Victoria of England (1819-1861)
When we say the name Albert Einstein, what comes to mind?
Instead, he signed the name Albert T. Tappman on the get-well card he sent to each.
Brooks was born in that city with the name Albert Einstein 64 years ago, which some say predestined him for comedy.
Elisa Albert is the author of The Book of Dahlia: A Novelas well as How This Night Is Different, a collection of short stories which won the Moment Magazine Emerging Writer Award for Short Fiction.
Capcom's fighter Marvel vs Capcom 3, which will feature Resident Evil villain Albert Wesker, drew big crowds.
To test this, Mischel teamed up with another researcher by the name of Albert Bandura.
The sad thing is that the time spent filling forms could be far better spent with the individual concerned. on March 23, 2010 at 2: 21 pm Captain Albert Skidmark
The murder of Derrion Albert is a signs of a much bigger illness but is an illness itself.
The raised voices, he thinks, came from someone with rapper 50 Cent — another Kimmel guest — wanting to use a phone in Albert's room.
Herb Albert is an artist who is very special to me, not only for his musical contributions, but for being a philanthropist.