from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A citadel and palace on a hill overlooking Granada, Spain. Built by Moorish kings in the 12th and 13th centuries, the Alhambra is the finest example of Moorish architecture in Spain.
- A city of southern California, a residential suburb of Los Angeles. Population: 87,500.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A palace in Granada, Spain; historically a royal palace.
- proper n. A solitaire card game played with two decks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The palace of the Moorish kings at Granada.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A counterpane or bedquilt of coarse texture, woven with colored threads and in Jacquard designs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fortified Moorish palace built near Granada by Muslim kings in the Middle Ages
Sorry, no etymologies found.
ALHAMBRA - The annual summer movies under the stars at the Alhambra began with the showing of the 1941 film "The Wolfman".
ALHAMBRA - The annual summer movies under the stars at the Alhambra began with the showing of the 1941 film "The WolfmanÓ.
Linda Krausen, a South Pasadena resident who attended a contentious town hall in Alhambra earlier this month, marveled at the difference.
Kazu Kibuishi, the creator of the Amulet graphic novels and other works, will sign books and talk about the artistic process on Saturday afternoon, September 12th, at Gallery Nucleus, in Alhambra, CA.
On a page with classified ads, under a big photo of the writer, I read: Jack London will lecture in Alhambra Theater (San Francisco) Sunday, April 16th at 8 p. m.
After a panicked 9-1-1 call from Spector’s driver, police discovered Clarkson’s body at the producer’s mansion in Alhambra, California.
Don’t know if you’ve ever been to Granada (a gorgeous city), but the road from the Plaza Nueva heading towards the Alhambra is lined with luthiers.
Then I called the Alhambra police to ask if they’d fax over the police report.
Or, for short, “the-Red,” captured by the familiar word Alhambra.
So I trekked out to the Back-Of-Beyond (for this West LA gal, anyway) to attend Rep. Adam Schiff's (CA-29) health care town hall last night in Alhambra.