from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Amazon River or to Amazonia.
- adj. Characteristic of or resembling an Amazon.
- adj. Strong and aggressive. Used of women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the Amazons; aggressive and warlike.
- adj. Having to do with the Amazon River in South America, and its surrounding region.
- adj. Of or relating to the most recent Martian geological time period.
- adj. very tall, strong and athletic.
- proper n. The Amazonian geological period.
- n. An Amazon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to or resembling an Amazon; of masculine manners; warlike.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the river Amazon in South America, or to its valley.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resembling an Amazon: in the following extract, beardless.
- Bold; of masculine manners; warlike; quarrelsome: applied to women.
- Belonging to the river Amazon, in South America, or to the country lying on that river.
Contrary to the last controversial statements by Environment Minister Carlos Minc who has given assurances that Provisory Measure 458 is an “Environmental Victory”, the specialist in Amazonian human land occupation and agrarian warfare at the Department of Geography of São Paulo University (USP), professor Ariovaldo Umbelino de Oliveira, has criticised the Measure and declared that: “The MP harms the constitutional principle of the social function of the land”.
Nazis hoped to found empire in Amazonian rainforest
Fond of a drink, which may have been the cause of her loud behaviour, Elizabeth was described as Amazonian, of huge size, with masculine features and the voice of a stentor.12 It seems clear to us in the twenty-first century that Charlotte and Elizabeth were harmless eccentrics who certainly did not belong in a mental hospital, or even in custody.
Due to this, the acai berry has earned the name Amazonian superfood.
To the outside world, Gadhafi, 68, has ever appeared the bizarre tyrant — traveling to foreign cities with his own Bedouin tents and camels for fresh milk, and employing a phalanx of gun-toting female bodyguards known as the Amazonian Guard.
He had a personal escort known as the Amazonian guard, young women said to be martial-arts experts who often carried machine guns.
This flows down to the plain from lofty mountains, which, men say, are called the Amazonian mountains.
He had a personal escort known as the Amazonian guard - young women said to be martial-arts experts who often carried machine guns and wore military-style uniforms with matching camouflaged headscarves.
To the outside world, Gadhafi, 68, has ever appeared the bizarre tyrant - traveling to foreign cities with his own Bedouin tents and camels for fresh milk, and employing a phalanx of gun-toting female bodyguards known as the Amazonian Guard.
Niger Delta, and Chevron is paying for what its predecessor, Texaco, did in the Amazon in what's called the Amazonian Chernobyl, in a case, I know, that you've covered extensively on