from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of any of the peoples indigenous to the Americas except the Eskimos, Aleuts, and Inuits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of some indigenous peoples of the Americas, especially the United States, but excluding the Inuit, Yupik, and Aleuts.
- n. An indigenous person from the United States.
- adj. Relating to the indigenous peoples of the Americas or their languages.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a red-skinned member of a race of people living in North America when Europeans arrived.
1702 noun, 1771 adjective, American + Indian. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.