from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. One who studies a facet of America, such as its history or geology.
  • n. A specialist in the study of American aboriginal cultures or languages.
  • n. One that is sympathetic to the United States and its policies.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Somebody who favors the values of the USA.
  • n. An expert in the study of America.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One devoted to the study of subjects specially relating to America.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.