from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or suggestive of Antaeus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to Antaeus, a half-giant slain by Hercules in Greek mythology.
- adj. Having superhuman strength, resembling that of Antaeus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Antæus, a giant athlete slain by Hercules.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling Antæus, a giant, in Greek legend, slain by Hercules.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The Antaean treatment is needful for terrestrials, unless they would dwindle.
The old Antaean fable of strength renewed from the ground