from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An unofficial holiday observed in all 50 states of the United States, most often on the last Friday in April, for the public planting of trees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The national holiday celebrated by planting a tree; the last Friday in April.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a day appointed for planting trees and shrubs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In some of the United States, a day of each year set apart by law for the general planting of trees wherever they are needed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a day designated for planting trees
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.