from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Greek Mythology One who sailed with Jason on the Argo in search of the Golden Fleece.
- noun A person who is engaged in a dangerous but rewarding quest; an adventurer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun Greek mythology One of the members of the
Argowho sailed with Jasonin search of the Golden Fleece.
- proper noun Any of several
shipsand submarinesof the British and US navies.
- proper noun Team name for the Toronto, Ontario franchise of the Canadian Football League (CFL)
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From Latin Argonautae, Argonauts, from Greek Argonautēs, Argonaut : Argō, the ship Argo + nautēs, sailor (from naus, ship; see nāu- in Indo-European roots).]
Sorry, no example sentences found.