from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Barbados or descended from a person from Barbados.
- adj. Of, from, or relating to Barbados or the people of Barbados.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Barbados.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Barbados (also spelled Barbadoes).
- n. An inhabitant of Barbados, the most eastern island of the West Indies, belonging to Great Britain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Barbados
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Barbados or its inhabitants
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Contrasted are the fortunes of wealthy white owner at the former British garrison and his poorer black counterpart as they ready horses for action at the six furlong-long course in the Barbadian capital, Bridgetown.
When independence mandated that the post be held by a Barbadian, off he went to Kenya, just as it cast off British rule though not Britons.
Rihanna, a famous as well as really well-known Barbadian singer, conform model, as well as former beauty black love tattoos.
On 17 June, 2008, I'Akobu Tacuma Maloney — a bright, high-achieving 23-year-old Barbadian engineer who had recently graduated from the University of the West Indies, and a devout Rastafari — died in a mysterious encounter with the Barbados police.
Guyana Providence Stadium thought “the event was well organized”, while Barbadian Cheese-on-bread! noted that:
* PM Manning again was asked by a Barbadian reporter how he intends to answer critics like myself who think the Summit is too costly.
BeachLime. com, a blog by a Barbadian living in Bermuda, says he was proud to be a Bajan and sends “congratulations to all the folks back in Bimshire.”
The developer aims to restart building in May or June after receiving a new loan backed by the Barbadian government.
The honourable member for South Dorset declined the chance to attend this week's launch of a book that features extraordinary details of his family's Barbadian history.
A Simpson spy claims that earlier this month Jessica, who has previously admitted to once being in an abusive relationship, penned a personal letter to Rihanna offering support and advice on how the young Barbadian should “deal” in the aftermath of the Brown beating.