from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tropical American evergreen shrub (Malpighia glabra) having red or rose flowers in umbels and red cherrylike edible fruits.
- n. The fruit of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. acerola
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a genus of trees of the West Indies (Malpighia) with an agreeably acid fruit resembling a cherry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. etc. See the nouns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. acid red or yellow cherry-like fruit of a tropical American shrub very rich in vitamin C
- n. tropical American shrub bearing edible acid red fruit resembling cherries
Sorry, no etymologies found.