from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. The effect of superimposing a repetitive design, such as a grid, on the same or a different design in order to produce a pattern distinct from its components.
  • n. The perceived distortion or flickering of printed or displayed high-contrast images.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.