from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A municipal borough of south-central England on the Ouse River west of Cambridge. It was the site of a British victory over the Saxons in 571. Population: 82,400.
- A city of northern Texas northeast of Fort Worth. It was settled c. 1843. Population: 48,800.
- Bedford, Duke of See John of Lancaster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The county town of Bedfordshire, England
- proper n. A truck manufactured by the Bedford company, a subsidiary company of Vauxhall Motors.
- proper n. Extremely affluent Westchester County suburb of New York.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
JOEL SACHS, BEDFORD TOWN ATTORNEY (via telephone): Well, what had happened was we had learned earlier today from the Secret Service that Mr. Gadhafi was planning to locate a tent that would be used as a temporary residence on the Seven Springs property in the town of Bedford.
BEDFORD - A Bedford woman is winning her battle to create a life after death.
BEDFORD - Bedford may soon feature a second Tax Increment Financing district.
George C. Arbuckle July 15, 1933 - June 14, 2010 BEDFORD - George C. (Tim) Arbuckle, 76, of Bedford, passed away at 11: 30 p.m. on Monday at his residence.
BEDFORD - Acclaimed artist William T. Wiley left his Bedford home decades ago and found inspiration, and a bit of ...
BEDFORD - U.S. Rep Bob Goodlatte, R-6th, says he has a solution for the controversy over a bust of Joseph Stalin at National D-Day Memorial in Bedford.
BEDFORD - Bill and Kay (Hitchcox) Rodman of Bedford celebrated their 40th anniversary with a renewal of their vows in Gatlinburg, Tenn.
BEDFORD - Old coins, toys, musical instruments and other treasurers have been flowing into a Bedford motel this week.
BEDFORD - The city of Bedford voted Tuesday to grant $5,000 for water and sewer expenses to Bedford House, a hospice facility planned for construction in Bedford County on Falling Creek Road just south of the city.
Frederick A. Davis Dec. 15, 1912 - Feb. 2, 2010 BEDFORD - Frederick A. Davis, 97, of Bedford, formerly of Oolitic, died at 2 a.m. on Tuesday at StoneBridge Health Campu ...