from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central England northwest of London. It is a major industrial center and transportation hub. Population: 970,000.
- A city of north-central Alabama northeast of Tuscaloosa. The largest city in the state, it is in a mining and industrial region. Population: 229,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands of England.
- proper n. A city in Alabama, United States.
- proper n. A city in Michigan, United States.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a city in Alabama.
- n. a city in England.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the largest city in Alabama; located in northeastern Alabama
- n. a city in central England; 2nd largest English city and an important industrial and transportation center
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Samuel A. Goddard, a merchant of Birmingham, was a prolific letter writer to the _Birmingham Post_, consistently upholding the Northern cause and he now reiterated the phrase, "Mr. Lincoln's cause is just and holy ."
The lord mayor of the city of Birmingham received the following telegram the next morning: "Birmingham will be proud to learn that the first German submarine destroyed in the war was sunk by H.M. S. _Birmingham_."
BIRMINGHAM - For the first time in the seven years Birmingham has hosted the Bassmaster Classic, fans will be able to watch "The Bassmasters" hosts Mark Zona and Tommy Sanders at work as ESPN creates the daily television coverage of the Classic.
BIRMINGHAM - Ralph D. Boley, 82, of Birmingham, died at 2: 50 p.m. July 26, 2010, in the
BIRMINGHAM: Rafael Benitez is confident Liverpool will regain their Premier League focus in Sunday's clash at Birmingham after a stormy Europa League defeat to Benfica.
BIRMINGHAM: Veteran midfielder Lee Carsley announced on Wednesday that he will be leaving Birmingham at the end of the season.
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Birmingham will soon open cooling stations because of the summer heat.
BIRMINGHAM (AFP) - Birmingham midfielder Barry Ferguson signed a one-year contract extension on Friday that will keep him at the Premier League club until 2012.
BIRMINGHAM - The Birmingham school system has hired a retired federal judge and his law firm colleague to review the Parker High School academic records of Eric Bledsoe, the Kentucky freshman who was the 18th overall pick in Thursday's NBA draft.
BIRMINGHAM | A new coach of the year award in Birmingham will have two high-profile local connections.