from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A tropical South American evergreen tree (Bertholletia excelsa) having large round woody fruits containing edible oily three-sided seeds.
- noun The seed of this tree.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The seed of the fruit of Bertholletia excelsa, a tree of the natural order Myrtaceæ, a native of Guiana, Venezuela, and Brazil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Bot.) An oily, three-sided nut, the seed of the
Bertholletia excelsa; the cream nut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun tall South American tree bearing brazil nuts
- noun three-sided tropical American nut with white oily meat and hard brown shell
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
Sorry, no example sentences found.