from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of brazil nut.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- An oily, three-sided nut, the seed of the Bertholletia excelsa; the cream nut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The seed of the fruit of Bertholletia excelsa, a tree of the natural order Myrtaceæ, a native of Guiana, Venezuela, and Brazil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tall South American tree bearing brazil nuts
- n. three-sided tropical American nut with white oily meat and hard brown shell
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Brazil nut milk is particularly wonderful and one of the best sources of skin-loving, cancer-preventing selenium you could consume.