from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Immense; enormous.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Like or likened to an inhabitant of the fabled region of Brobdingnag in Swift's “Gulliver's Travels”; hence, of enormous size; gigantic.
- noun A gigantic person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Colossal; of extraordinary height; gigantic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or pertaining to
- adjective figuratively
Enormous, huge, far larger than is customary for such a thing.
- noun A creature from
- noun figuratively A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective huge; relating to or characteristic of the imaginary country of Brobdingnag
- adjective unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[After Brobdingnag, a country in Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift, where everything was enormous.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Brobdingnag + -ian.
Sorry, no example sentences found.