from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Circuit Court of Appeals
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- California College of the Arts
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Corrections Corp of America
- Call Centre Association
- Centre for Contemporary Arts
- Canadian Cat Association
- Canadian Construction Association
- Controller of Certifying or Certification Authorities
- Christian Conference of Asia
- Certified Crop Advisor
- Citrix Certified Administrator
- California Culinary Academy
- Canadian Cycling Association
- Common Component Architecture
- Center for Computational Aesthetics
- Chandigarh College of Architecture
- Centre for Corporate Accountability
- Computability and Complexity in Analysis
- Chromated Copper Arsenate
- Corporate Council on Africa
- Career College Association
- Commonwealth Copyright Administration
- Computer Corporation of America
- Consumer & Corporate Affairs
- Coca-Cola Amatil
- Centre for Creative Arts
- Canadian Chiropractic Association
- Canadian Council of Archives
- Carribian Contemporary Arts
- California Commuters Alliance
- C Code Analyzer
- Canadian Conference of the Arts
- Car Club of America
- Canadian Cartographic Association
- Calgary Construction Association
- Conference of Consulting Actuaries
- Colon Cancer Alliance
- Continental Chess Association
- Clear Channel Assessment
- Cold Cranking Amperes
Sorry, no etymologies found.
CCA has made Puryear a multi-millionaire which would seriously compromise Puryear's ability to make fair decisions regarding CCA, which is based in Nashville.
Except, IIRC, the CCA is a private self-regulatory body.
Whilst I maintain that the legal situation regarding the CCA is as I describe above, and that the CCA is a dangerous law that in the hands of a ruthless government could be used to institute a dictatorship, it does seem to me that it is somewhat unlikely to be used this way in practice.
The CCA is the socially conservative group founded by Pat Robertson back in 1989.
As I meant to say: I addressed the TCCJA a couple of months ago and advised them that the CCA was the epitome of inefficiency and unfairness to inmates, prospective inmates, and the families therof.
The need to create a new generation of rock lovers hasn't been lost on the CCA, which is hoping to capitalize on the success of the sport at Olympics.
The bank invested in funds managed by the Citi Capital Advisors unit, or CCA, which is run by former Morgan Stanley executives Jonathan Dorfman and James O'Brien.
The CCA is a consortium of industry players that want to drive development and adoption of what they dub the first nationwide high-definition enterprise voice and data network in the IP cloud.
CCA gets a good amount of its contracts from the state of Colorado, but that's not even close to "100% of its funding," and not all employees are funded by the state through CCA, which is actually funded through a complex formula based on a prisoner occupancy rate, rather than just writing a check.
Unfortunately, the CCA is a flawed vehicle for those aspirations.