from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A W-shaped constellation in the Northern Hemisphere between Andromeda and Cepheus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Proud wife of Cepheus and mother of Andromeda, queen of Eritrea. When she boasted that her beauty was equal to that of the Nereids, she was punished by Poseidon.
- proper n. A circumpolar constellation of the northern sky representing Queen Cassiopeia from Greek myth. The constellation lies between Cepheus and Perseus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A constellation of the northern hemisphere, situated between Cepheus and Perseus; -- so called in honor of the wife of Cepheus, a fabulous king of Ethiopia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A beautiful circumpolar constellation, supposed to represent the wife of Cepheus seated in a chair and holding up both arms.
- n. [NL.] In zoology, the typical genus of the family Cassiopeiidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the wife of Cepheus and mother of Andromeda
- n. a W-shaped constellation in the northern hemisphere near Polaris
"Hotel Cassiopeia" is ornate and dream-like, without much of a plot.
The band's fan club is known as Cassiopeia and its official colour is pearl red.
Although the explosion originally escaped detection, its aftermath — a hot, expanding gas cloud known as Cassiopeia A — is one of the best-studied supernova remnants.
Although the explosion originally escaped detection, its aftermath -- a hot, expanding gas cloud known as Cassiopeia A (Cas A, for short) -- is one of the best-studied supernova remnants.
In the epiphanic "Cassiopeia," the author sees her mother "alone, out ahead, a scout for the mortal, heart breaking into solo."
Over the whole length of Japan, some thirty observatories, university telescopes, and amateur sky watchers were set to turn on their machines, having set them to the precise coordinates Narusawa had ordered: a star system in the constellation Cassiopeia, just where Horowitz and Sagan had proposed years before, and where a Japanese radio astronomy colleague, Mitsumi Fujishita of Tokai University, had detected an unusual and unexplained blip in his monitoring four years before.
And the vast domed expanse that covered the rest of his pate was riddled with a constellation of freckles that rivaled the density of Cassiopeia on a clear night in August.
There is a also a Orion, Wisconsin and Cassiopeia, Kentucky.
Alpha Doore is a Mars size planet orbiting an orange-red main sequence dwarf star called BD+56 2966 in the Constellation Cassiopeia.
Malone has brought along Cassiopeia Vitt, a woman who is as adventurous as he and also as capable in tough situations.