from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A breaking wheel.
- n. The image of a breaking wheel, or wheel with spikes on it.
- n. A firework that rotates when lit.
- n. A cartwheel move in gymnastics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Same as rose window and wheel window. Called also Catherine-wheel window.
- A revolving piece of fireworks resembling in form the window of the same name.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See catharine-wheel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a circular firework that spins round and round emitting colored fire
Sorry, no etymologies found.