from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek & Roman Mythology A three-headed dog guarding the entrance to Hades.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Colubridae — certain water snakes..
- proper n. The three-headed dog who guards the entrance to Hades; and one of the many offspring of Echidna and Typhon.
- proper n. A former constellation of the northern sky, near Hercules.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A monster, in the shape of a three-headed dog, guarding the entrance into the infernal regions, Hence: Any vigilant custodian or guardian, esp. if surly.
- n. A genus of East Indian serpents, allied to the pythons; the bokadam.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In class. myth., the watch-dog of the infernal regions, the offspring of the giant Typhaon and the serpent-woman Echidna.
- n. In herpetology, a genus of East Indian serpents, related to the pythons, having the head entirely covered with small scales.
- n. A constellation of Hevelius, formed out of four small stars of the constellation Hercules, and now obsolete.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the three-headed dog guarding the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon
Cerberus is planning a revival of Chrysler Financial, the auto lender whose core business was effectively dissolved by the U.S. Treasury.
Marlin might not have been able to sustain itself and either gone under or fallen to a foreign firm (Yes, I know Cerberus is a Multinational conglomerate but they are headquartered here.) such as Hyundai, Mizuono etc.
(Wolfe's classic The Fifth Head of Cerberus is dedicated "To Damon Knight, who one well-remembered June evening in 1966 grew me from a bean.")
Eastman and Laird also infused influences from Frank Miller's Ronin and drew from the popular title Cerberus as well.
(Cerberus is on pace to own everything on Earth by 2020.
Mr. Feinberg continues at the helm of Cerberus, which is perhaps better known for its private-equity investments but which also has a sizeable hedge-fund portfolio.
If Ben does perhaps control Cerberus aka “Smokey” then why would he have had the following killed?
If Ben does perhaps control Cerberus aka "Smokey" then why would he have had the following killed?
That said, they had no shame in coming to the United States government for a handout even though they were a wholly owned entity of Cerberus, which is evidently otherwise flush with cash.
Cerberus, which is owed billions decided to stay on the sidelines, given their culpability in the whole affair, but they were hoping that the dissidents would prevail.