from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southern Texas on Corpus Christi Bay, an arm of the Gulf of Mexico. The city is highly industrialized and has a large shrimp-fishing fleet. Population: 285,000.
- n. Roman Catholic Church A feast in honor of the Eucharist.
- n. Roman Catholic Church The first Thursday after Trinity Sunday, the day on which this feast is observed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a festival in honor of the eucharist, observed on the Thursday after Trinity Sunday.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in southern Texas on an arm of the Gulf of Mexico
- n. Thursday after Trinity Sunday; first celebrated in 1246
Middle English, from Medieval Latin Corpus Chrīstī, body of Christ : Latin corpus, body + Latin Chrīstī, genitive of Chrīstus, Christ.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.