from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A broad heel of moderate height with a slightly tapered back and straight front, used in shoes and some boots.
- noun A reinforced heel on a stocking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A relatively low-style of
high heel shoes, characterised by a slightly taperedback and a straight front
- noun A type of
heelused for men's bootssimilar to the heel on cowboyboots
- noun Women's sheer stockings or
pantyhosewith a prominent thin rectangle heel reinforcement at the base of back seam (A thick rectangle heel reinforcement is a Havana Heel)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a broad heel of medium height on women's shoes
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.