from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The period of European history encompassing (roughly) 476–1000 CE.
- proper n. The time before the Internet was popular.
- proper n. Any relatively primitive period of time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a period of stagnation and obscurity in literature and art, lasting, according to Hallam, nearly 1000 years, from about 500 to about 1500 A. D.. See Middle Ages, under Middle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the period of history between classical antiquity and the Italian Renaissance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.