from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Orchidaceae — a genus of orchids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any orchid of the genus Disa, a genus of beautiful orchids with dark green leaves and usually hooded flowers; -- they are much prized as emblematic flowers in their native regions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large genus of terrestrial orchids, mostly native to tropical and south Africa, characterized by free sepals, the upper sepal galeate and spurred, the petals small and joined to the column.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a combat support agency in the Department of Defense responsible for developing and operating and supporting information systems to serve the needs of the President and the Secretary of Defense and the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- n. any orchid of the genus Disa; beautiful orchids with dark green leaves and usually hooded flowers; much prized as emblematic flowers in their native regions
On one summit of Mount Kahuzi Hedythrsus thamnoideus and Disa erubescens grow; on its main summit, between 3,200 and 3,308 m, Erica spp. grow with Senecio kahuzicus, Helichrysum mildbraedii, Huperzia saururus and Deschampsia flexuosa. 48 species with 2 unknown and 24 endemic species are found in the park.
Over the past several months I have been working with members of our Earth Institute staff Alison Miller, Eve Solomon, and Alok Disa on a recently completed case study of that accident.
The story line told from her cynical perspective is fast-paced as she insures the paranormal species seem genuine and her mission essential especially winning the tug of war with Disa over Vayl.
This time with her as the boss, Disa refuses to allow Vayl to work the field operation to take out Samos.
Her missions are to kill Samos permanently and keep Vayl at her side not that of Disa, who now gives the orders.
Thus the series is refreshed with a weird triangle in which the relationship between top CIA operative Vayl the vampire and his best subordinate has been evolving towards something personal but now with the return of Disa as their superior all bets are off.
On the other hand, Jaz will not sit idly by allowing Disa to own her Vayl as her relationship with him was just turning to a new more exciting level.
Vayl is no longer in charge; instead the only vampire he created Disa is now running the show.
Disa has been a nuisance to Vayl since he changed the alien.
Rebels claimed government and militia forces attacked their positions on Saturday around the north Dafur towns of Disa, Birmaza and