from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- abbreviation electromagnetic unit
- abbreviation European Monetary Union
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- initialism With respect to the European Union: Economic and Monetary Union.
- initialism European Monetary Union
- initialism Eastern Mennonite University.
- initialism computing English Metric Units.
- initialism rail transport Electric
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The EMU is currently used by crews of all nationalities on the ISS.
Image Credit WikimediaThe EMU is an independent anthropomorphic system, allowing the protection of astronauts carrying out an EVA in terms of their mobility, communications and life support.
The EMU is a multidisciplinary team consisting of many specialties.
Image Credit WikimediaThe EMU is designed, of course, for only EVAs.
The EMU is located on 7 West, and most patients undergoing EEG monitoring stay on that unit.
If EMU is such a success, why is the euro weak in comparison to the dollar, you might ask!
EMU is a spur to greater internal dynamism and integration.
And as you know, the U.K. decided not to participate in EMU at the outset.
If they hadn’t been in EMU, they would have had ten years of so-so GDP growth followed by a somewhat milder recession (there would have been a recession because of what’s happened in the USA, but it would have been milder because of independent monetary policy).
If you have any questions, please call the EMU at 215 590 - 2775.