from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element europium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for europium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the chemical symbol for Europium, an element with atomic number 63 and atomic weight 151.96.
- A prefix used frequently in composition, signifying well, good, advantageous; -- the opposite of dys-.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A prefix of Greek origin, meaning ‘good’ (for the purpose) or, as used adverbially, ‘well,’ ‘easily,’ implying excellence, fitness, abundance, prosperity, facility, easiness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group
- n. an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Instead of saying, "I can't take it any more!" you can fulminate in Portuguese: "Eu nao aguento mais!"
The Eu is the perfect place for people like her, look at the useless time servers who have ended up there...
Eu, which is close to the coastal town of Tréport has been suffering from a drop in holiday visitors and they think they know the reason: the internet.
I remember EFA saying that the Eu is a place full of "solidarity".
A 2001 study by Nebel et al. found Haplogroup R1a chromosomes (called Eu 19 in the paper), which are very frequent in Eastern European populations (54%-60%), at elevated frequency (12. 7%) in Ashkenazi Jews.
When I think of "Eu" it reminds me of the possiblities that lies within each of us if we truely seek to make a difference in this world.
However, there is only so many times a listener can put burners like "Eu" and
Such is the case with "Eu" in France, who suffered from getting eclipsed in search as people sought European Union information, and have since
Marie-Françoise Gaouyer, the local mayor, now has two options - to pay internet giants like Yahoo and Google thousands to put the town at the top of all "Eu" searches, or change the town's name.
AN'ith the province of Choco it barters small coin for gold-dust, or such as is extracted from the washing places; although it sometimes gives in exchange all kind of Eu - ropean and native clothes, iron, steel, flesh, cheese, and other provisions.
The geographical and historical dictionary of America and the West Indies : containing an entire translation of the Spanish work of Colonel Don Antonio de Alcedo...with large additions and compilations from modern voyages and travels, and from original and authentic information