from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. fetal alcohol syndrome
- abbr. free alongside ship
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- fetal alcohol syndrome
- Free Alongside Ship (meaning the seller pays for transportation to the port, and the buyer pays for the rest of the transportation)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of Fellow of the Antiquarian Society of Edinburgh.
- n. An abbreviation of Fellow of the Anthropological Society of London.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a congenital medical condition in which body deformation occurs or facial development or mental ability is impaired because the mother drinks alcohol during pregnancy
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Typically every quarter we go through what we refer to as a FAS 91 adjustment where we re-estimate all of the prepays on everyone of our mortgage backed securities and with the slowdown, we own the portfolio at a discount.
Some of the decisions involved in FAS and their effects were difficult – but they were right.
"In the long term FAS leads to enormous social problems in various
The rule that pertains to DVA, known as FAS 159, is part of rulemakers' efforts to make balance sheets more transparent by forcing companies to record changes in the market values of some assets and liabilities.
The new proposal, called FAS 157-e, is scheduled for a vote this Thursday.
The accounting rule, known as FAS 140, will likely go into effect in the beginning of the fiscal year 2010 if approved.
Groups such as Financial Executives International, an industry group, had lobbied the board to defer in its entirety the rule, known as FAS 157, for a year.
The Fair Value standard ASC 820, formerly known as FAS 157 is part of this effort.
A spokesman for the Interior Ministry's economic security department said he could not recall the FAS filing a lawsuit against any executive since October 30.
Those rules, known as FAS 166 and FAS 167, boosted Citigroup's assets and liabilities and decreased its equity.