from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Gascony.
- adj. Of or relating to Gascony, the Gascons, or their language or culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A braggart; a bully.
- adj. Of or relating to Gascony.
- adj. braggart; swaggering
- proper n. The dialect of the Occitan language spoken in Gascony.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Gascony, in France, or to the Gascons; also, braggart; swaggering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native of Gascony, a former province of southwestern France, now divided into several departments.
- n. A boaster or braggart; a vain-glorious person: from the reputation of the Gascons as a race for extreme boastfulness. See gasconade.
- n. The common saurel or horse-mackerel, Trachurus trachurus.
The term Gascon used to designate sometimes the whole Occitan language during the
If Jasmin had published his volume in classical French he might have been lost amidst a crowd of rhymers; but as he published the work in his native dialect, he became forthwith distinguished in his neighbourhood, and was ever after known as the Gascon poet.
We have said that "Gascon" is often used in connection with boasting or gasconading.
As we say in this country, he could "carry corn" We have said that "Gascon" is often used in connection with boasting or gasconading.
Mr. Mirkarimi, who was sworn in Jan. 8 as the city's sheriff, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor counts of domestic-violence battery, dissuading a witness and child endangerment in connection with an alleged Dec. 31 incident involving his wife, according to District Attorney George Gascon .
"While this case involves an elected official, it should be noted that my office is treating this case as we would any of the 771 domestic violence cases we charged last year," Mr. Gascon, the district attorney, said in a statement Friday.
I had high hopes, but the 2008 Gascon Malbec got off on the wrong foot with a synthetic enclosoure.
Jocelyn Gascon, on March 17th, 2010 at 2: 13 am Said:
District Attorney George Gascon, who previously was the city's police chief, announced today that 42 cases would be dropped in addition to 15 others, the San Francisco Chronicle says.
The Arts and Humanities Research Council has awarded almost £750,000 to the Universities of Oxford and Liverpool to digitise and edit the Gascon Rolls.